AirTurn TAP sensitivity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirTurn TAP sensitivity...

Are there any future plans to design an AirTurn Tap model that would allow the tap sensitivity to be adjusted for different stick attack strengths? For example, I'm a full-time, working drummer and play with several different groups ranging in volume from a very quiet jazz duo in a supper club, to a fairly soft church band, to a screaming 11-piece funk band. For the first two, I use multi-rod types of sticks, while for the funk band, I use 7A size sticks (or sometimes larger). I find that with the multi-rods, I must really smack the TAP's pad as hard as I can to get the pages to turn, often creating more volume from the pad attack than I make on the drums. It would be great if I could either: A) be able to adjust the sensitivity of the unit to match the rods, or B) quickly and easily change to a more sensitive kind of pad. Any solutions for this problem on the horizon? If something is being considered, I will certainly buy it.

It is definitely on our list for features to add to the new version of the TAP, but we have not begun r&d on this model yet as pedal redesigns have taken priority. We hope to begin designing a new version in late 2020 or early 2021 however!

Comment

Good to know that it's included in the plans. I'll keep watching and hoping. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X